Recipe: Berry Panna CottaPrep time: 15 minutes (plus 5 hours for refrigeration) | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 6
A conversation is always better with a cup of coffee in hand, and a cup of coffee is undoubtedly more sublime with a person to share it with. When we take the time to cook a meal, we’re much more likely to take time to savor it with others. When we slow down long enough for our palettes to discern seasonal flavors, experiment with a new ingredient, or grow a vegetable in our garden, we learn to appreciate God’s remarkable creation and the journey it makes into our kitchens and on to our plates.
1 cup whole milk
1 package unflavored gelatin
3 cups whipping cream
¼ cup honey
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
3 cups strawberries, washed and cut into thirds
2 tablespoons sugar
- Pour milk into a heavy saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over top and let stand for 6 minutes. Over medium heat warm the saucepan until gelatin is dissolved, but do not allow the milk to
boil,about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream, honey, sugar
andsalt and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and divide the cream into 6 dessert glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 5 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- When ready to serve, put 2 tablespoons of strawberries on top of each dessert.
Excerpted with permission from “A Place at the Table” by Kelly Minter. Copyright 2019, B&H Publishing Group.